Go Back   CurseForge Forums > Official Addon Threads > General AddOns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General AddOns Authors, post your release ready addons here to get feedback or just to let everyone know about it.

Old 02-01-2011   #1
elchefe

Default Gnosis (Castbars and Timers) - Official Thread

Gnosis is a highly configurable castbar and single timer addon. Gnosis can show ticks of channeled spells, detect unintentional clipping while channeling and combine data of channeled spells to combat text addons (MSBT, SCT, Parrot). It also allows to create buff, debuff, cooldown and item cooldown timers with a similar set of options castbars have.

Much more information, tutorial videos, examples, etc. can be found at
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/gnosis/
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/gnosis.aspx

Please post comments and questions here.
If you find a bug or have suggestions for further improvements post them at
http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/gnosis/tickets/

Don't be shy to help me out answering questions, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by elchefe; 12-29-2011 at 03:23 AM.
elchefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011   #2
Chiiakii

Default Re: Gnosis Castbars - Official Thread

Heya, great mod. I just had a concern about the cooldown for Holy Word: Serenity I just made. When I cast a Serenity heal, the cooldown does trigger, but it triggers a 6 second cooldown where the actual cooldown is closer to 9-10 seconds. Is there a way to fix this?
Chiiakii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011   #3
elchefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiiakii View Post
Heya, great mod. I just had a concern about the cooldown for Holy Word: Serenity I just made. When I cast a Serenity heal, the cooldown does trigger, but it triggers a 6 second cooldown where the actual cooldown is closer to 9-10 seconds. Is there a way to fix this?
It would be really good to know what you actually did, i.e. which entries you timer bar has. Since you didn't provide additional information I can ony guess you added a line like

cd:Holy Word: Serenity

which doesn't work at all. It will neither display a cooldown of 10s nor 6s. This is not Gnosis fault but a problem with all Holy Word Spells (Chastise works since it is in your spellbook). To make your Holy Word cooldowns trackable pass their respective spells id:

for Holy Word: Serenity -> cd:88684
for Holy Word: Sanctuary -> cd:88685
Old 03-07-2011   #4
Twister

Hi there. I want to thank you for not only this great mod, but also for MFClip wich i really like a lot. However, i'm having few issues setting Gnosis up the way i want it to be.
I'd like to setup a few Multitimers using the zooming & static duration feature at once, but both options are simply not working. I issued tickets about the defect about 2 weeks ago, but haven't seen any comments on them. So i came here and like to ask for help with theses issues.
Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011   #5
elchefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister View Post
Hi there. I want to thank you for not only this great mod, but also for MFClip wich i really like a lot. However, i'm having few issues setting Gnosis up the way i want it to be.
I'd like to setup a few Multitimers using the zooming & static duration feature at once, but both options are simply not working. I issued tickets about the defect about 2 weeks ago, but haven't seen any comments on them. So i came here and like to ask for help with theses issues.
Been on the road the last two weeks. I'll check your tickets later this week.
Old 03-18-2011   #6
gi2k15

Hello, is it possible to add an option to change the color of the target castbar when the spell is uninterruptable? Right now it's only possible to change the border, I'd like to change color of the bar as well.

And great addon!
Old 03-19-2011   #7
X-buZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi2k15 View Post
Hello, is it possible to add an option to change the color of the target castbar when the spell is uninterruptable? Right now it's only possible to change the border, I'd like to change color of the bar as well.

And great addon!
Yes please add such a nice feature. I would make it perfect for my needs.

Keep up the great work!
X-buZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011   #8
elchefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi2k15 View Post

And great addon!
Added a shield icon option for uninterruptible casts some time ago after users requested it. I'll not add additonal features to the uninterruptible status.
Old 03-22-2011   #9
Twister

Thanks for the fixes for the zooming & static duration feature. I've setup a lot Gnosis-bars last weekend
Right now i've 3 multitimer bars (for a couple of targets) setup with:
Code:
Bar1: dot,mine,recast=3.0,staticdur=25,zoom=3:Devouring Plague
Bar2: dot,mine,recast=3.0,staticdur=25,zoom=5:Vampiric Touch
Bar3: dot,mine,recast=3.0,staticdur=25,zoom=3:Shadow Word: Pain
wich are working fine so far, but if i change staticdur to a value lower than 25 i would expect a different behavior:

Lets say i would change it on each bar to 12: By setting this i would expect bars with a duration left greater than 12 to stay full until the duration falls below 12.
In reality Gnosis shows these Bars like without the staticdur setting by setting their maxduration = debuffduration since all debuffs are lasting longer than 12 seconds. Is this working like intended?

However - i really love gnosis for the zoomfeature wich i haven't seen on any other barmod so far! Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Twister; 03-22-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011   #10
Jakobud

Great addon! Very impressive so far...

Two questions/requests:

1. Is it possible to have the castbar be a different color if the cast is interruptible? I can see that you have the option to only make the border color different if it is interruptible. Is this a feature you would consider adding in? I ask because usually I turn off the border altogether. And the current castbar addon (called Castbars) is the only castbar addon I've been able to find that supports the changing of the castbar color for interruptible spells. But Gnosis appears far superior and I'd like to use it instead. I usually make interruptible spells yellow castbars and non-incorruptible grey. That way it is immediately obvious as to whether or not I can interrupt. I don't even really have to look at the castbar itself I just see the color and decide to interrupt or not. Would be nice if I didn't have to look for the little border color to see if I should interrupt or not.

2. I see that I can Save my configuration... But how do I use that configuration elsewhere? For example, I made a config I like for one of my characters. When I switch characters, there is no way to copy the config from the other character or choose from saved configurations. Have you considered using WowAce's profiles scheme? It works very well and makes it easy to copy/save profiles/configs from one character to another...
Jakobud is offline   Reply With Quote