Go Back   CurseForge Forums > World of Warcraft > Need Help?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need Help? Come here for your miscellaneous requests for assistance related to this game's projects.

Old 10-06-2012   #1
Taffu01

Default SLDataText 5.0.4 Release by a THIEF

It appears Flipkabouter thought it a good idea to download my AddOn from WoWInterface, post it here on Curse as his, and then put HIS PayPal information in for donations.

See: SLDataText 5.0.4

I'm the original author, and I'm getting sick of having to come to this site to request my AddOn be removed because barrel sucking thief's cannot stop posting it. Really, people NOTICE this kind of crap, and then come and tell me...Curse isn't some secret society where no one will notice that you posted another persons AddOn.

Curse Admins...remove this AddOn immediately. I never authorized it being posted here (again...) and this PoS Flipkabouter is stealing donations for work that is not his own.
Taffu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #2
Elkano
Super Moderator

Default Re: SLDataText 5.0.4 Release by a THIEF

First of all, sorry that this has happened, especially since it seems to have happened multiple times for the same addon.
Being and addon author myself (as are many others moderating here at Curse), I know it's not nice to see your own work posted somewhere else, especially if no attribution is given. Unfortunately, given the number of addons, this can hardly be avoided in advance in all cases, especially since we tend to believe in honesty among addon authors.

On a side note, the best way to inform the moderation staff of unauthorized or malicious uploads is the small sign in the bottom right corner of the projects curseforge/wowace page.
Old 10-06-2012   #3
Taffu01

Thanks for the attention to this. I appreciate the quick fix. I don't visit Curse much at all (unfortunately almost always under this kind of situation), and the page I initially was directed to from my AddOn on WoWI didn't have any immediate stand out "report" buttons.
Taffu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #4
Elkano
Super Moderator

Yeah, I know, it only has a link to the project's page on curseforge and the report button there isn't that big either so many people do miss it :/ maybe I should go pn poking some more again...